I started with a recipe from Taste of Home, but the ingredients list was set to serve 30 and some of the ingredients did not appeal to me so I modified and used approximately these measurements.
1 lb boneless pork loin
1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp honey
1 cup corn
1 can black beans
1 tomato, seeded & chopped
cilantro, fresh & chopped
1 tsp lime juice
I skipped red onion, jalapeno pepper, 1 tsp lime juice because I did not have any, but do include your favorite toppings!
1. Place your pork loin the slow cooker. Combine apple juice, garlic and salt; pour over meat.
2. Cover and cook on low until tender, until internal temp is 155-160. Mine took what seemed like forever, but it could be my slow cooker
3. Use two forks and shred meat, place in a large bowl.
4. Stir in barbecue sauce, brown sugar and honey.
5. Place tortilla chips in a 9×13 baking dish, top with pork mixture.
6. Combine corn, black beans, tomato (and other toppings) and cheese; spoon over pork mixture.
7. Bake uncovered at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until heat through.
Alternative cheese topping:
1/2 block of Velvetta, cubed
1 tablespoon of milk
In a saucepan melt cheese and butter.
Drizzle cheese sauce and a little more barbecue sauce over nachos when removed from oven.