I took Giada De Laurentiis’ Pizza Pot Pies and gave them a singleton treatment, by using my newly acquired and adored Pyrex serve & store dishes rather than six ramekins (because I do not own those), using jar tomato sauce, instead of making my own and chicken breast marinated in Italian dressing instead of a roasted chicken.
- Purchased pizza dough (Cincinnati people, Meijer has some in the frozen food cases)
- 13 oz tomato sauce, approximately
- 2 large chicken breast marinated in Italian dressing, cooked & cubed
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl combine the tomato sauce, chicken, cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. 3. Divide the chicken mixture evenly between dishes.
4. Roll out the pizza dough and cut circles with a pairing knife that are 1-inch wider in diameter than the dish.
5. Place the circles of dough over the filled dishes and press down to seal, making sure to pull the dough over the edge of the dish.
6. Brush the top of the pizza dough with olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
7. Cut a small slit in the top of the pizza dough with a pairing knife.
8. Bake until the pizza crust is golden, about 25 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.