Quick, easy, and healthy this lunch has it all! But I’ll admit sometimes salads can be boring and by the time lunch rolls around you are dreaming of golden arches or red pigtails, but I’m not talking about just an ordinary salad. I’m talking about a salad that is all dressed up and ready for a night on the town…or a Pyrex bowl on the lunch table. Some things I love to add…
- cheese…feta, cheddar, I love it all
- a boiled egg
- dried fruit…cranberries are my favorite
- nuts or you can just get trail mix…I buy the Kroger brand Cranberry Delight Trail Mix which is really great mix of cranberries, sunflower seeds, almonds, golden raisins and pepitas (aka roasted squash seed, had to look that one up, trust me it’s good)
- potato sticks
- chow mein noodles
- fresh fruit like strawberries…with lemon poppy seed dressing and some feta cheese. It is truly summertime heaven!
- veggies like tomato, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower
With some of your favorite topping salads don’t have to be the lunch you want to avoid! How do you dress up your salad?